Types of information we collect may include:
- Mailing address
- E-mail address
- Phone (or mobile) number
- Date of birth or age
- Driver’s license number
- Credit/debit card number
- Purchase/return/exchange information
- Registry or list information
- Your mobile device information (e.g., device model, operating system version, device date and time, unique device identifiers, mobile network information)
- How you use our sites and mobile applications, search terms, pages you visit on our mobile applications and application performance, as discussed further below
- Social media information (e.g., ID, profile picture, gender, age range, friends’ IDs)
If you choose not to provide information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
- Automated Information Collection:
We may connect information collected automatically with information we already have about you in order to identify you as a guest of The Gilded Unicorn. If we are able to identify you as a guest of The Gilded Unicorn we may, for example, link your activity on our website to your activity in one of our mobile applications. This allows us to provide you with a personalized experience regardless of how you interact with us.
In order to provide the best guest experience possible, we also use automated information collection technologies for reporting and analysis purposes. We examine metrics such as how you are shopping on our website, in our stores, and on our mobile applications, the performance of our marketing efforts, and your response to those marketing efforts.
We do not allow third-party companies to place tags on our digital properties.
- Cross-Context and Cross-Device Identification, Advertising, Personalization, and Advertising Attribution
We merge data collected from our own websites and mobile apps. Examples of the data collected include: cookie IDs, device Advertising IDs (such as Apple and Google’s Advertising Identifiers); transactions and browsing history; your interaction with our online and mobile advertisements, information about ads we serve, such as which ad was served, your interactions with the ads, and the URLs where the ads are served from marketing partners such as Google DoubleClick for Publishers and Google DoubleClick Campaign Manager ; the email address we have on file for you; any Registry information you have provided us; demographic and other information regarding your likely commercial interests from third parties; and in-store transaction data. This combination of data enables us to see users’ and Guests’ web activity on The Gilded Unicorn websites, app activity on The Gilded Unicorn apps, and interactions with our online and mobile advertisements to create a single set of information from all of the various contexts with which we or our partners interact with you, and to understand how well The Gilded Unicorn advertisements perform in terms of translating to transactions online and in app. It also helps us improve our users’ and Guests’ experience by delivering more personalized advertising, including email advertising, social media advertising, and paid search advertising, and helps us create more personalized online and in-app experiences.
We may also link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. This allows us to deliver more relevant and consistent advertising to you (for example, if you purchase a product on our website using your desktop, we’re able to avoid showing you an advertisement on the same product on your tablet. Instead, we may show you an ad on your tablet for complimentary products to the one you just purchased on our website). We also measure the performance of such ads and deliver information on advertising performance to our advertising partners in aggregate form.
We do not allow third-party companies to collect information when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
Some browsers have a ”do not track” feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. At this time, we do not respond to browser ”do not track” signals, but we do provide you the option to opt out of interest-based advertising. To learn more about IBA or to opt-out of this type of advertising, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website and the Digital Advertising Alliance website. Options you select are browser- and device-specific.
- Mobile Location Information:
If you use a mobile device, your device may share location information (when you enable location services) with our websites, mobile applications, services, or our service providers. We use this information to improve our services, and provide you more relevant and personalized advertisements, services, and promotions.
- User Experience Information:
In order to improve guest online and mobile shopping experiences, help with fraud identification, and assist our guest relations representatives in resolving issues guests may experience in completing online purchases, we use tools to monitor certain user experience information; including login information, IP address, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, specific actions taken on pages visited (e.g., information entered during checkout process), browser and device information.
- Social Media:
Social Media Widgets
Our sites and mobile applications include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, Google Plus, Pinterest, and Twitter widgets. These features may collect information about you such as your IP address and which page you’re visiting on our site. They may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies to accomplish this. Social media features and widgets may be hosted by a third party. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
Social Media Ads
We may display targeted ads to you through social media platforms. These ads are sent to groups of people who share traits such as likely commercial interests and demographics. For example, we may target guests who have expressed an interest in shopping for groceries, cosmetics, clothing, etc. See the policies of each social media platform for additional information about these types of ads.
- Information from Other Sources:
We collect data that is publicly available. For example, information you submit in a public forum (e.g., a blog, chat room, or social network) can be read, collected or used by us and others, and could be used to personalize your experience. You are responsible for the information you choose to submit in these instances.
We also obtain information provided by third parties. For instance, we obtain demographic and other information from companies that can enhance our existing guest information to improve the accuracy and add to the information we have about our guests (e.g., adding address information).
This improves our ability to contact you and increases the relevance of our marketing by providing better product recommendations or special offers that may interest you.
Examples of how we use the information we collect include:
- Product and Service Fulfillment
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns/exchanges
- Respond to requests for information about our products and services in our stores, on our websites or mobile applications, or to otherwise serve you
- Connect with you regarding guest service via our contact center, guest service desk, or on social media or internet chat platforms. Chat functionality allows our Guest Relations specialists to see what a Guest is typing before hitting the send button. This allows for quicker response time as our specialists anticipate questions.
- Administer sweepstakes and contests
- Conduct a transaction where we collect information required by law (for example, pseudoephedrine or age-restricted purchases)
- Our Purposes (including but not limited to marketing):
- Deliver coupons, mobile coupons, newsletters, in-store receipt messages, e-mails, mobile messages, and social media notifications
- Provide interactive features of the website or mobile applications, such as product reviews or Weekly Newsletter, send marketing communications and other information regarding products, services and promotions
- Administer promotions, surveys, and focus groups
- Internal Operations:
- Improve the effectiveness of our website, stores, mobile experience, products, services, and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis, including focus groups and surveys
- Perform other business activities as needed, or as described elsewhere in this policy
- Prevention of Fraud and Other Harm:
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft and otherwise protect our guests and our business (e.g., product recalls)
- Legal Compliance:
- For example, assist law enforcement and respond to legal/regulatory inquiries
- Service Providers
We may share the information we collect with companies that provide support services to us (such as printers, e-mail providers, mobile marketing services, analytics providers, web hosting providers, call center/chat providers, sweepstakes vendors, payment processors, coupon delivery vendors, data enhancement services, fraud prevention providers or shipping services providers, including product vendors) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions.
- Other Businesses Products/Services:
We currently do not allow other businesses to make their products or services available to our guests through our websites.
- Legal Requirements:
We may disclose information we collect when we believe disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements; to facilitate the financing, securitization, insuring, sale, assignment, bankruptcy, or disposal of all or part of our business or assets; or to protect the rights property or safety of our company, our guests or others.
- Elsewhere at Your Direction:
At your direction or request, or when you otherwise consent, we may share your information.
- Sharing with Other Companies (for their marketing purposes):
We do not share your personal information with other companies, or organizations which are not part of The Gilded Unicorn.
- Sharing Non-identifiable or Aggregate Information with Third Parties:
We may share non-identifiable or aggregate information with third parties for lawful purposes.
- Business Transfers:
In connection with the sale or transfer of some or all of our business assets, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our guests. We also may retain a copy of that guest information.
If you do not wish to receive promotional e-mails from us, to opt-out, you have the ability to unsubscribe from promotional e-mails via the unsubscribe link included in each promotional e-mail.
We may send text messages you have consented to receive.
You can cancel text messages at any time by texting "STOP". After you send "STOP", we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from that short code, but you may receive text messages if you are subscribed to other text lists.
If at any time you have questions about the text messages, text "HELP". After you send "HELP" we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
Message and data rates may apply.
- Cookies, Tracking, and Interest-Based Advertising:
The help function of your browser should contain instructions on how to set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued or to not receive cookies at any time. If you set your device to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our features (i.e. you will be able to browse the site, but will not be able to make a purchase).
Other Web Site Analytics Services
If you are a California resident and have an established business relationship with us, you can request a notice disclosing the categories of personal information we have shared with third parties, for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes, during the preceding calendar year. To request a notice, please submit your request to email@example.com. Allow 30 days for response.
- Security Methods:
We maintain administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. When we collect or transmit sensitive information such as a credit or debit card number, we use industry standard methods to protect that information. However, no e-commerce solution, website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
- Please visit our Contact Page if you should have any questions, comments, or concerns.